Saturday, February 27, 2010

Tattoo

Welp, I'm inked for life. When my tattoo artist asked me why I was getting these words, I was surprised at how easily the reason came out, because I feel like this is something rather difficult I've been struggling with for a very long time. I believe I said something along the lines of,

"It's really important for me to get this. For most of my life, I've let people walk all over me. I've never stood up for myself. I let people hurt me, and I hold it in. I hold it against them, against myself, against the world. I've let other people's actions change who I am, even though I know that's wrong. There is a quote I heard in a movie once, and it has always stuck with me. It's, 'When you forgive, you love. And when you love, God's light shine's through you.' If I can forgive these people, I become a better person. I stay true to myself. I've always found it really hard to forgive people. And I certainly never let myself forget them. But ultimately that's what you have to do. There will always be bad people in the world, but it's up to you to be strong and live through that. It's up to you to change the world, and even if you can't, you can change it through your eyes, and in your own life. I want to look at these words everyday as a reminder of that. For whenever times are hard, to look and know that I am blessed in my life, and I can get through whatever problems come across my path. It's my reminder."



I'm extremely happy with it. With myself. The tattoo came at a really important time for me. I have finally learned how to embrace change. I have finally learned that I need to go wherever the wind takes me. I have finally learned to learn from all experiences. I finally learned that I'm truly blessed. I finally learned that I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment